[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Wonder effects(Was Experience and questions after some

To: Jason Todd <idjason@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Wonder effects(Was Experience and questions after some games)
From: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 17:43:48 +0100

On Mon, Feb 28, 2000 at 03:51:16PM +0000, Jason Todd wrote:
>  In many cases, the problem with these wonders is that they never
> expire.
> A Smith for one definitly should have an expiry tech set. A good one
> might be say, Communism. Also Magellan should eventually expire. You
> really can't think that just because some guy sailed around the world,
> submarines, AEGIS cruisers, etc. still get to move farther.
> Also as for that happy cathedral, maybe limit the bonus to one
> continent?
>  I don't know if you would still feel *really good* about you're city
> and your civ just because a cathedral was built halfway across the
> world, 300 years ago.
>  Which also brings be to the idea of wonders that expire not when you
> reach a certain tech, but instead after a certain date. Ideas anyone?

Idea of continent-wide wonders sucks for me.
AI can't understand it and this makes serious overhead in players' brain.
Obsoletes too. (poor little AI).
Game w/o wonders would be far more balanced, but I don't think majority
would accept it, so little corrections that balance wonders are
best we can do.