[Freeciv-Dev] Wonder effects(Was Experience and questions after some gam

To: Freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Wonder effects(Was Experience and questions after some games)
From: Jason Todd <idjason@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 15:51:16 +0000

Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 25, 2000 at 11:21:08AM -0500, Raimar Falke wrote:
> >       6) After some games we realized that there usually a stiff
> >               competition for the A.Smith world wonder takes place. I found
> >               this wonder a bit too powerful. What is your way or strategy
> >               to compensate this wonder?
>
> AS is not only too-good wonder.
> What about :
> Bach
> Mich
> Magellan
> Pyramids
> Hoover
> great library
> leonardo

 In many cases, the problem with these wonders is that they never
expire.
A Smith for one definitly should have an expiry tech set. A good one
might be say, Communism. Also Magellan should eventually expire. You
really can't think that just because some guy sailed around the world,
submarines, AEGIS cruisers, etc. still get to move farther.
Also as for that happy cathedral, maybe limit the bonus to one
continent?
 I don't know if you would still feel *really good* about you're city
and your civ just because a cathedral was built halfway across the
world, 300 years ago.
 Which also brings be to the idea of wonders that expire not when you
reach a certain tech, but instead after a certain date. Ideas anyone?