[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Re: Questions Irrigation

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Re: Questions Irrigation
From: Steven Burnap <sburnaplinux@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 03:31:23 +0000

Jules Bean wrote:

> I would vote for: the land under the city being really irrigated, if of an
> appropriate terrain type, and really roaded.

A "realistic" version would require you to improve a city square just like any
other and would also cause irrigation squares to dry up if ever no longer
linked.  The latter could make pillaging more effective.  (In Civ 2, it isn't
really worth it for a
human player.)

I suppose you'd want to decrease the time to improve slightly to compensate,
balance wise.

Steve