[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Music

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Music
From: Per Inge Mathisen <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 11:32:31 +0100 (MET)

On 15 Jan 2000, Julien Boulnois wrote:
> It's about music in freeciv:
> My father is making music for freeciv under GNU/GPL. You can download the
> first sample at
> http://elfesoft.linuxbox.com/freeciv/a.mp3
> (760ko)
> What do you think about that?
> You must hear this sample in loop.

It is great. I am currently trying to implement sound support (wav files
only) in freeciv, but I could try looking at mp3 loading as well. So far
the only sound samples I have for testing is the civ2 originals (and
frankly, they SUCK). If sound support is to be of any real use, we need
new, free sound samples.

Of course, all sounds/music would have to go into an optional soundpack as
a separate download...

Yours,
Per