[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Music

To: Julien Boulnois <cosman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Music
From: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 02:16:52 +0000 (WET)

On 15 Jan 2000, Julien Boulnois wrote:

> It's about music in freeciv:
> My father is making music for freeciv under GNU/GPL. You can download the
> first sample at
> http://elfesoft.linuxbox.com/freeciv/a.mp3
> (760ko)
> What do you think about that?

First i must congratulate your father (and you) for contributing music to
freeciv.  It has been something which has been on the developers minds for
quite some time, but yet little has been achieved.

I have to agree with someone else's post, the music sounds a bit weird at
first but it kind of grows on you.  It kind of remembers me of a cross of
the SimCity background tune and a couple of the Civ2's nation songs.

Has this music been developed using MIDI equipment? (it shounds like it
did).  If so you probably should post the MIDI (.mid) file version since
that is usually much smaller than in mp3.

Keep up the good work!

---