[Freeciv-Dev] Suggestions: UI to be improved

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Suggestions: UI to be improved
From: Tobias Brox <tobiasb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 10:55:02 +0100 (MET)

I must say that when beeing far out in a civilization game, the playing
either starts reminding me about "work", or (with a short timeout) I feel
that there is a large drawback having a big empire as I can't get over all
the maintenance and administration needed.  Anyway, I'm very happy about
quite a few improvements, like the auto-settler order, beeing able to buy
things and change production directly from the city list, etc.  Reading
the roadmap now, I'm very happy that "Server-side player scripting",
"City build lists" and "Make rulesets for Improvements more flexible" is at the
Roadmap for 2.0.

Anyway ... what I was to say ... but now, having looked through the NEWS
file, I see that those things are already fixed for the Gtk+ interface ...
was that it should be possible to sort the city list differently.
Last time I played I finally prefixed the names of cities which I
wanted to keep attention to with "aaa" and "zzz" ... it shouldn't be
necessary, after all.

I've found the right spot in the code - but why is it located in the
GUI-ports?  Shouldn't the sorting be quite so GUI independent?

--
TobiX ... tobix@xxxxxxxxxx ... http://www.funcom.com/
Hack of the week: Repaired the washing machine using two packages of epoxy