[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Suggestions: UI to be improved

To: Tobias Brox <tobiasb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Suggestions: UI to be improved
From: Daniel Sjolie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 14:58:40 +0100

On 2000-01-16 10:55:02, Tobias Brox wrote:
> Anyway ... what I was to say ... but now, having looked through the NEWS
> file, I see that those things are already fixed for the Gtk+ interface ...
> was that it should be possible to sort the city list differently.
> Last time I played I finally prefixed the names of cities which I
> wanted to keep attention to with "aaa" and "zzz" ... it shouldn't be
> necessary, after all.
>
> I've found the right spot in the code - but why is it located in the
> GUI-ports?  Shouldn't the sorting be quite so GUI independent?

Well, I wanted the feature, I use the gtk client only and there
were functions in gtk to do it easily - so I did it...
That's the way open source goes You know -
add it if You want/need it... :)

Making the client GUI-independant is not _all_ good...
I think it's worth it in the long run so please go ahead if
You feel like it but when You're writing a GUI using something
like gtk there are ways to do a lot of things that are more "right" -
that fits better into the model...

Ah, well...
rant, rant...

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)