[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Scoring?

Cc: FreeCiv Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Scoring?
From: =??Q?Bj=F6rn_Olsson?= <l99_onb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 17:54:14 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Reinier Post wrote:

> A good heuristic is how much battle power a civ can develop.  That is,
> assume tax set to the max, assume it will be used to buy only units,
> sum the total battle power that can be produced+bought per turn.
>
> A simpler heuristic that doesn't pay attention to technology or max tax
> rate is the total possible shield production per turn (including buying
> power), that is, Demographics->Production + Demographics->Economics/2.
> This is what I use in practice.

Why not do it as they do in civ I? citizens+wodners+peace-pollution or
something like that.
A rich nation with alot of pollution should have a hard way winnning a
game.

> > Maybe some description would be good -- if you're playing a [winning] game
> > of FreeCiv, how are you doing at 1000 BC? 0 BC? 1000 AD?
> Economics and Production are the relevant stats for telling the relative
> strength of nations.  Number of cities is also a good indicator.

That may be so, but the strength isn't everything. A smaller nation may
have alot more tech and alot less pollution, in such a case the smaller
nation should IMHO win.

Mvh Bornie