[Freeciv-Dev] Some questions

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Some questions
From: Daniel Zinsli <s830+civ@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03 Jan 2000 01:28:52 +0100

I have just recently found the time to finally sit down and play the
game and read some source.

I have some questions, look forward to even more coming from now on ;-)

I haven't had a chance to go through all the source thoroughly yet, so I
apologize for questions with obvious answers or on discussed-to-death
topics.

One thing i would like to see is unit movement "animations" ala
civ2. That is, instead of a unit "warping" from one cell to another,
some middle frames are drawn, showing the unit moving.
I find it a bit confusing when alot of the enemy civ's units are warping
at the same time. Is this already implemented, partly implemented, on the
wishlist, or does someone have some pointers on how to implement it? :-)

Also is it possible to implement a strict turn order on unit movement
ala civ2, instead of units of all nations moving simultaneously?
I would think it would be great as a server option, allowing both forms
of play. (Or am I missing something here? :)

Great game btw, and thanks for any code-hacking advices you may have :-)
--
Daniel Zinsli
University of Bergen, Norway