Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Wonder Variant

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Wonder Variant
From: iquin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 04:03:08 -0500 (EST)

> interpretation of the .amount field.  I really don't like a magic
> threshold, above which the "units" of the value changes.  The units are
I don't like it, either. The problem comes from Oracle,
Supermarket and SuperHighway.

> Maybe every effect should be named, e.g., "MakeContent#" (for a count) or
> "MakeContent%" for a percent.  Not all would need both.
I try to minimize number of effects needed and avoid using !isalpha()s.

> seems misnamed to me -- things aren't really obsoleted, they are just
Now using "replaces".

> Naming an effect, e.g. "Darwin" or "Marco", seems to me to be not very
> descriptive of the effect.  Perhaps more descriptive names (e.g.,
> "GiveAdvances#" or "HaveEmbassies%") would be better.
You can change them later.

> Now for a real nit-pick, I like consistent formatting.  Switching back and
On the other hand, I like efficient use of diskspace. :)

Regards,
I.Q.

Get free personalized email at http://geocities.iname.com