Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Intelligence and civil war uprisings

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Intelligence and civil war uprisings
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 18:40:21 -0500

At 1999/12/24 03:55 , Corin Anderson wrote:

>  In my current game, I have Marco Polo's Embassy, and can gather
>intelligence on the other two AI players in the game.  I just took over
>the capital of one of the AIs, and a civil war erupted -- there are now
>three AI players.
>
>  What puzzles me is that I can't gather intelligence on the new AI
>player.  Is this limitation intentional or a mistake?  If intentional,
>does this limitation pertain only to Marco Polo's Embassy, or can I not
>establish an embassy with any player created as a result of civil war?

Hum.  Are there any Barbarians anywhere in the world?  I think I've
discovered a bug (several, actually, but all derive from the same cause) in
the players dialog where the callback routines are referencing the wrong
player, if there are any Barbarians in the player list prior to its end.
And, when a civil war happens, the new player is placed at the end of the
player list, after any Barbarian players that may be in the list.

I'll check further into this, and post a patch.

jjm