Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Grafix.

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Grafix.
From: "Alexandre BERAUD" <a_beraud@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 18:48:18 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

I've been some time working on a personal project and all this time I
was cut off the Freeciv world. So I installed yesterday version 1.9.0
and was very impressed by the improvements that were made, especially
the Trident tileset. I had never used it and I looks REALLY nice. I
don't know what is in project now, but I read that some ne graphics
could be useful, like smoke on polluting cities, something to recognize
happy cities, etc... I think it would be wise now to concentrate on the
Trident tileset and improve what can be done. Why not making different
drawings for cities depending on the industrialization level ? Like in
Civ2, but not in isometric view (I keep thinking isometric is NOT a
good viewpoint for the whole map).
I hope I'll find some time (and a computer with floppy disk drive) to
draw them and make them available.

Regards to all,

Alex