Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] segmentation fault (PR#195)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] segmentation fault (PR#195)
From: schulman.andrew@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 07:04:32 -0800 (PST)

Full_Name: Andrew Schulman
Version: 1.9.0
Client: Xaw
OS: Debian 2.1 / XFree86 3.3.5 / Xaw3d
Submission from: (NULL) (161.80.48.162)

I have a reproducible segfault.  I'm playing a large game (one of the
Europe scenarios) in an advanced year so there are lots of units and
cities.  The sequence goes like this:

1. start the server with the saved game.
2. start the client (player name andrex) and connect.
3. start the game.

At this point, the client issues the following messages:

1: ran out of continent numbers in client
1: last message repeated 2 times
1: last message repeated 2 times (total 4 repeats)
1: last message repeated 4 times (total 8 repeats)
1: last message repeated 8 times (total 16 repeats)
1: last message repeated 16 times (total 32 repeats)
1: last message repeated 32 times (total 64 repeats)
1: last message repeated 64 times (total 128 repeats)

4. In the client, a cruiser is flashing.  Press the space bar.

A segfault now occurs.  I have the saved game and can provide it to you.

A.S.