Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Grafix.

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Grafix.
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 16:56:26 -0500

At 1999/12/16 12:48 , Alexandre BERAUD wrote:
>Why not making different
>drawings for cities depending on the industrialization level ? Like in
>Civ2

I don't know if you are aware of this, but the support for different city
icons based on industrialization level and city size was added just before
version 1.9.0 was released.  The industrialization level control is
specified in data/default/cities.ruleset, and the city size control (and
the actual tile layout) is specified in data/trident/cities.spec.  The
icons are in data/trident/cities.xpm.

A patch was recently posted to freeciv-dev, which had some new city
graphics (they didn't quite fit with the existing control files, and didn't
include Engles tiles, so I haven't gotten around to integrating them):

>To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
>Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 10:00:10 +0100
>Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] New Cities Graphics
>From: sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx (Sebastian Bauer)
>
>Hi,
>
>Here are new city graphics which somebody has send me.
>I don't have a xpm tool, so it would be nice if somebody
>else can integrate them.
>
>The name of the author is Macro Saupe <msaupe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>bye,
>Sebastian Bauer