Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: BUG REPORT

To: FreeCiv Developer <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: BUG REPORT
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 22:15:51 -0500

Falk Hueffner (falk.hueffner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Egbert Hinzen <egbert@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> > We Love The Mr. Day???
> >             ^^^
> > Sould be: We Love The President Day...

> Well, it usually is We Love The President Day, unless it's Anarchy,
> where your title is "Mr.", which leads to this strange
> message. Perhaps you know a better title?

The reason this wasn't a problem with Civ1/Civ2 is because Anarchy does
not celebrate these holidays.  (Or at least, I don't recall it....)

The Civ1 manual says: "The celebration has no effect when the government
is in Anarchy."  The Civ2 manual says: "The celebration has no effect
when your government is in Anarchy."  (Ooh, a whole word was changed! :-)

If you just want a better title, consider "Emperor"/"Empress" (same as
Despotism), or perhaps "Chief".

--
Greg Wooledge                    | "Truth belongs to everybody."
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             |   Red Hot Chili Peppers