Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Is it possible...

To: Stig Erik Sandoe <stig@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv Developer <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Is it possible...
From: Egbert Hinzen <egbert@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 22:50:01 +0100 (MET)

On Sun, 14 Nov 1999, Stig Erik Sandoe wrote:

> The real problem is gettext; gettext is a simple hack for a

That's right, but IMHO it's possible to work around.

Your idea is better, but only if used from the beginning. I don't think
that it makes sense to rewrite all the game.

I consider the German translation as Beta, meaning you have to see the
phrases in context to make further improvements. And I detected *NO*
phrase which couldn't be translated. Maybe I overlooked one or another...
but I think it will be easier to change the original in this special cases
only.

--
Egbert Hinzen
--- ICQ 45698606 or 51826579