Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: We Love the Mr. Day; was Re: BUG REPORT

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: We Love the Mr. Day; was Re: BUG REPORT
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 12:27:15 +1100 (EST)

Falk Hueffner wrote:

> Egbert Hinzen <egbert@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> > We Love The Mr. Day???
> >             ^^^
> > Sould be: We Love The President Day...
>
> Well, it usually is We Love The President Day, unless it's Anarchy,
> where your title is "Mr.", which leads to this strange
> message. Perhaps you know a better title?

Perhaps "Leader" ?

Eg, fits both "Leader Hammurabi" and "We Love The Leader Day".

I guess to be general we could specific both forms (with one
qualified for i18n), that is, name-prefix-title ("Mr.")
and noun-title ("Leader"), but with all the government and
nation specific titles that would be a bit of a hassle...

(Ps, meaningful subjects are good.)

-- David