Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Inca -> Incan (PR#147)

To: mph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Inca -> Incan (PR#147)
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 15:40:07 +1000 (EST)

Matthew Hunt wrote:

> All nations except the Incas have an adjective form of their name in
> the "name" field of nations.ruleset.
>
> This patch changes "Inca" to "Incan" to match all of the other nations.
>
> (http://www.m-w.com/ says "Inca" is the noun and "Incan" is the
> adjective.)

Hmm, learn something new every day :-)

Related issues:

- I was thinking that the nation selection dialog could better
use the plural names instead of the adjectives?  Maybe in the
Players dialog too.

- In the English language, the adjective and plural forms are the
same in some cases (eg English, French, etc), but this is probably
not the case in other languages, so these should use the new
qualifier prefix (eg "?plural:English") ?

-- David