Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [FreeCiv-Cvs] dwp: Changed terrain special named "Game

To: Freeciv Development <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [FreeCiv-Cvs] dwp: Changed terrain special named "Game" to "Game A...
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 09:47:33 -0400

Peter Schaefer (schaefer@xxxxxx) wrote:

> Lalo Martins wrote:

> > Hmm no, actually "Game" is a specific animal in the same family
> > as the Deer.

It isn't.

> The german word for that animal is "Gams" (plural "Gemsen"). But since it
> lives
> only in the south, I don't know if the germans living on the coast
> are familiar with it :-)

OK, that's interesting.  I haven't heard of that (probably because I don't
speak German :-) ).

> I wasn't aware that it matches the english word "game" ;-)

It doesn't.

"Game" refers to any of several wild animals hunted for food or for sport.
It's normally associated with larger animals -- a deer would be considered
a game animal, but a rabbit usually isn't.

--
Greg Wooledge                    | Distributed.NET http://www.distributed.net/
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             | because a CPU is a terrible thing to waste.