Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] City styles - proposal.

To: "Jeff Mallatt" <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] City styles - proposal.
From: a_beraud@xxxxxxxx (Alexandre BERAUD)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 14:38:15 +0200 (MET DST)

>>So, that's the way I have it now. There are only 4 tiles
>>needed because the wall is a tile itself and is overlaid
>>on a city tile - which means 2 tiles less needed for
>>each style.
>
>I like the idea of overlaying the wall.

Warning, there are always problems with overlaying using .xpm files,
for the .xpm style does not support transparency and then, antialiasing.
The wall will certainly not mix with the background correctly.
However, maybe there has been decided to use another file format (png ?)
so that things would become easier. In all cases, you could reply that
the number of colors used doesn't allow lots of anti-aliasing, which I
agree to.

Regards,

Alex
(Who continues his fight for more colors) ;o)