Re: [Freeciv-Dev] i18n for all eternity

To: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] i18n for all eternity
From: Alex Sandro Queiroz <asandro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 13:56:21 -0300 (EST)

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, David Pfitzner wrote:

> (As big file, or as registry file with marked strings to
> translate via gettext - to keep track of which translations
> are up-to-date; probably the latter, but then issues about
> multi-line gettext-marked strings in registry files.)

        Since the code is dettached from source, I think it would be
better to just translate helpdata.txt, perhaps creating a 'help' directory
in distribution with data.pt, data.en, data.pl files, somewhat like the
way LyX do.
        Does anyone see any reason to use gettext with the whole file?

  --Alex        asandro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx           PET - Computacao/UFC
"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." - Confucius