Re: [Freeciv-Dev] backgrounding civserver causes weird problems

To: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] backgrounding civserver causes weird problems
From: Gary Moyer <garymoyer@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 22:07:10 -0700

> It would probably make more sense to add a command-line switch to the
> server which omits 0 from the select() list, for background running.
> You could even make the server put itself in the background when this
> switch is specified, making the "nohup" and "&" unnecessary -- much like
> a traditional Unix daemon.

That would be great, however it amplifies another: if you can't get the console
back how can any administative commands be issued?  e.g. saving the game.
Please
see my previous email concerning cmdlevel.

I can add a commandline switch to run in daemon mode however the cmdlevel issue
needs to be resolved.

-- Gary