Re: [Freeciv-Dev] backgrounding civserver causes weird problems

To: "freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] backgrounding civserver causes weird problems
From: Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 08:50:26 -0400

  I had a patch for this a long time ago.

  Basically it allowed the server to fork to the background, either at startup
or during play.  My patch, though, is against 1.7.2..

  I've attached it in the hope that it is useful :)  It obviously doesn't
handle commands too well.  The main other thing it seems to do is to modify
quit_game() to not explicitly exit; instead it just shuts down connections and
autosaves the state.  This is then used in a signal handler to let us do
something sane if we get killed.

  Daniel
--
X is the second worst window system ever invented.
Everything else is tied for first.