Re: [Freeciv-Dev] MFC&GTK client

Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] MFC&GTK client
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 08:20:58 +0200

> > Third: should put_nuke_mushroom_pixmaps center the screen on the location
> > of the explosion when it happens?
>
> It should center the screen if the explosion would be partly or
> totally offscreen.
>
> > should this decision be a client option?
>
> I think we have too many options already...

I  don't intend or expect to ever play a game with a nuclear explosion,
but here is a a generic comment:  nuclear explosions are just one type
of event that are associated with particular locations on the screen,
so if you are going to do anything about centering the screen to that
location, please make it generic, do something in the Message Options
dialog.