Re: [Freeciv-Dev] MFC&GTK client

Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] MFC&GTK client
From: Falk Hueffner <falk.hueffner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 16 Aug 1999 12:00:01 +0200

Andy Black <ablack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> First, In the subroutine put_nuke_mushroom_pixmaps in gui-gtk/mapview.c
> in part:
>   gdk_flush ();
>   sleep(1);
>
>   update_map_canvas(map_canvas_adjust_x(abs_x0-1),
>
> Is the call to sleep() intended to be a call to myusleep?
> If it is, that typo should be fixed.

Well, 1 µs is a bit few I think ;) The author likely relied on the
target to be at least Posix conform, which isn't the case anymore.

> On the mac client, I think the difference is the myusleep gives other
> programs procesor time, and sleep doesn't.

It seems ridiculous to me to have a sleep that does not give CPU time
to other processes... are you sure?

> Third: should put_nuke_mushroom_pixmaps center the screen on the location
> of the explosion when it happens?

It should center the screen if the explosion would be partly or
totally offscreen.

> should this decision be a client option?

I think we have too many options already...

        Falk