Re: [Freeciv-Dev] map, scenario questions/suggestions

To: Martin Willemoes Hansen <mwh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] map, scenario questions/suggestions
From: Nicolas Brunel <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 00:27:17 +0000 (GMT)

> Hi!
>
> I would like to know which persons currently are working with map code
> and CivWorld ..

The authors of civworld are
Daniel Gudlat <gudlat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ( actual developper )
Benjamin Drieu <drieu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ( original author )
Civworld doesn't compile for 1.8.1 .

  If I recall well some times ago, Daniel Gudlat has wished us good
holydays. I suppose we won't hear about him till september.
Looks like he is the author of the 2 earth maps.
The latest map modified was the europe one. It was done by
Jerzy Klek <qpkjeek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>. This patch was included in cvs
the 1999/07/05 at 13:37:36.

  Recently, there was en enhancement to the special terrains available for
FreeCiv. It was done by Jeff Mallat. To know more about it have a look at
data/classic_terrain.ruleset.

  Lots of thing can be done to enhance civworld. Actually, civworld is
only a map editor not a scenario editor. Also, civworld doesn't know
about ruleset. You can't modify the tiles with it.

Bye,