Re: [Freeciv-Dev] map, scenario questions/suggestions

To: Nicolas Brunel <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] map, scenario questions/suggestions
From: Martin Willemoes Hansen <mwh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 17:41:07 +0000

> I don't know if it is good to called them differently. A map is a part
> of a saved game. Internally, you are rigth. It is a very good idea to be
> abble to include a map instead of generating it. I see it more at a way
> to handle save game and how a game is started. For exemple, I'd like to be
> abble to load a mars.sav map. If the server options are lacking in this
> file, I'd like FreeCiv to fetch classic_server.ruleset. Here, we have
> 2 formats of files .sav and .ruleset. It seems to me logical to include
> rulesets in saved game (in the long run).

Yes .. tho I think we can take the maps out of both savefiles and
scenarios without breaking it .. like include(foomap) in thoes files
should do the trick ?

What I wan't to consentrate on first would be that ... then work on
scenarios.

--
Best regards

Martin Willemoes Hansen

E-Mail  mwh@xxxxxxxxxxxx
IRC     MWH/DR_NICK ; ircnet, openprojects
ICQ     11597690