Re: [Freeciv-Dev] How much is missing to make C:CTP clone

To: Freeciv Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] How much is missing to make C:CTP clone
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 18:15:58 -0400

Artur Biesiadowski (abies@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> BTW there is one major mistake in CTP I think - RoboticWalker comes too
> early. It is best allaround unit available and comes only one step after
> artillery.

War Walker in the English version.

But it (or rather, the advance of Robotics) obsoletes the London Exchange
which is the most powerful wonder in the whole game.  (Some people will
debate that statement, but I stand by it.  The London Exchange negates
all city improvement upkeep costs.  Television?  Normally costs 50 gold
per turn.  With London Exchange, 0.  This is devastatingly powerful, since
gold drives science.)  Therefore, since I always try to build the London
Exchange, I put off the development of Robotics as long as possible.

Anyway... there are many, many criticisms that can be made of CTP.
Really, the whole thing is unbalanced in many subtle ways.  It's a good
game, but not a great one.

--
Greg Wooledge                    | Distributed.NET http://www.distributed.net/
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             | because a CPU is a terrible thing to waste.