Re: [Freeciv-Dev] terrain server options

To: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] terrain server options
From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 13:35:32 -0500

On Mon, Jul 26, 1999 at 07:52:41AM -0400, Jeff Mallatt wrote:
> Also, I find "civstyle" to be a very misleading misnomer.  It's only used
> in one place: to determine the radius of initially visible squares at the
> very start of the game.  Should we rename it to something like "startrad",
> and re-code its use to be more general?

        That is definitely not the only rule which depends upon Civ Style.
Most of the unit and building differences are covered elsewhere, though.
        I'm of the opinion that game.civstyle should be left as is and used
more widely where we can prove that it matters.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"When I was young, the sky was filled with stars.