Re: [Freeciv-Dev] terrain server options

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] terrain server options
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 07:52:41 -0400

At 1999/07/25 21:30 , David Pfitzner wrote:
>David Pfitzner wrote:
>
>> Actually, I was planning to have a 'rivermove' server option
>
>> Or maybe this could go in the ruleset file; a server option
>> would be a bit more flexible, but I guess it depends if people
>> are really likely the change the server option or not...
>> Probably not, so putting it in the ruleset file may be best.
>
>Speaking of which, is the new farmfood server option worthwhile?
>
>In general I'm not against adding new server options, but since
>there are already quite a lot of them, and it can be hard to find
>one(s) you want, I'd prefer not to add new server options if they're
>not likely to be used.
>
>So is farmfood likely to be used in practice?

When I added farmfood, it seemed the same sort of parameter as railfood
(and railprod and railtrade), so I put it in the same place.  In practice,
I suspect all four of these could (should?) be moved into the terrain ruleset.

Also, I find "civstyle" to be a very misleading misnomer.  It's only used
in one place: to determine the radius of initially visible squares at the
very start of the game.  Should we rename it to something like "startrad",
and re-code its use to be more general?

jjm