Re: [Freeciv-Dev] omissions in terrain ruleset implementation (PR#75)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] omissions in terrain ruleset implementation (PR#75)
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 08:04:55 -0400

At 1999/07/25 21:25 , David Pfitzner wrote:
>Actually, I was planning to have a 'rivermove' server option
>to control the river moment bonus.  (Eg, this would allow the
>'classic' terrain with the current river effect.)
>
>Eg, rivermove coud take values:
>  0 = no movement bonus for rivers (matches Civ1)
>  1 = 1/3 move, but only when moving exactly _along_ rivers: diagonal
>      moves incur full terrain movement costs (matches Civ2)
>  2 = 1/3 move directly along river, 2/3 for diagonals (some people
>      wanted this; its effectively similar to below as if you had
>      done the two moves, except differences for ZOC etc)
>  3 = 1/3 move, any river to river including diagonals (classic freeciv)
>
>Or maybe this could go in the ruleset file; a server option
>would be a bit more flexible, but I guess it depends if people
>are really likely the change the server option or not...
>Probably not, so putting it in the ruleset file may be best.

OK.  I think this would go nicely in the terrain ruleset.

This could be added at the same time as when we move farmfood, railfood,
railprod and railtrade into the ruleset (if everyone thinks we should move
all these...).  I'd also like to take this opportunity to migrate the
terrain ruleset to David's "new" ruleset format.

jjm