[Freeciv-Dev] Civ2 modpacks

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Civ2 modpacks
From: Stefano Busti <asbusti@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 08:20:48 +0000

Hi,

I've been considering writing a patch and some utilities for freeciv
which could allow people to use some of the many Civ 2 modpacks
that are out there.

After a quick scan through the source code, I was thinking along the
lines of a patch to implement 3 extra user-definable units (a la
Civ2), and a perl script for converting Civ2's units.txt and *.gif
files to freeciv *.ruleset and *.xpm format (or at least the parts
which can be converted).

Before I try, I'm just wondering if there'd be any interest in
such a patch. Do any of the more experienced freeciv hackers out
there think it's feasible, or am I just spouting drivel? :)

--
\\ Stefano Busti (asbusti@xxxxxxxxxxxx) \\