Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Problems in compiling gtk-Client

To: Patrick Schmid <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Freeciv-Dev \(E-Mail\)" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Problems in compiling gtk-Client
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 21:29:14 -0400

Patrick Schmid (patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> I'm using SuSE Linux 6.1 and I'd like to compile freeciv and use the
> gtk-Client.
> I got myself the newest version of glib (glib-1.2.3), gtk+ (gtk+-1.2.3) and
> imlib (imlib-1.9.4).
> I followed the instructions in how to install them and then I've run the
> configure script of freeciv. This script is always telling me, that I don't
> have a gtk version greater than 1.2.1, but I've installed 1.2.3!

Check config.log for errors.  Chances are you need to install some
sort of "development packages" in addition to the runtime packages.
(E.g., Debian uses "libgtk1.2" and "libgtk1.2-dev" packages.)

--
Greg Wooledge                    | Distributed.NET http://www.distributed.net/
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             | because a CPU is a terrible thing to waste.