Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Problems in compiling gtk-Client

To: Patrick Schmid <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Freeciv-Dev (E-Mail)" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Problems in compiling gtk-Client
From: Mika Korhonen <mikak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 11:21:40 +0300 (EET DST)

On Sat, 24 Jul 1999, Patrick Schmid wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm using SuSE Linux 6.1 and I'd like to compile freeciv and use the
>gtk-Client. I got myself the newest version of glib (glib-1.2.3), gtk+
>(gtk+-1.2.3) and imlib (imlib-1.9.4). I followed the instructions in how
>to install them and then I've run the configure script of freeciv. This
>script is always telling me, that I don't have a gtk version greater than
>1.2.1, but I've installed 1.2.3!
>
>What am I doing wrong?

Depends.. on what you have done. The following is something you probably
have done if you did follow the instructions. But...despite this being
basic, and just in case: Do you have the library paths containing libglib &
libgtk in /etc/ld.so.conf? If you do, have you executed ldconfig?

On the other hand if you happened to install those libs from rpm packages
there should be no problems because postinstall scripts should have done
that for you (of course they may fail or somebody may have forgotten
something)

In any case I guess some sort of log file from configure would be
appreciated. These configure-script-failing-in-finding-libraries questions
seem to be quite FAQ. (e.g. X devel libs)

        Mika
"Quite frankly, I don't like you humans.  After what you all have done,
I find being 'inhuman' a compliment."
                -- Spider Robinson, "Callahan's Secret"