Re: [Freeciv-Dev] patch for changing production

To: dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (David Pfitzner)
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] patch for changing production
From: jmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 23:43:34 -0700 (PDT)

David Pfitzner writes:
[on the 'change all' patch]
> I've just checked in a previously submitted patch by someone
> else (which also took too long...) which allows selecting
> multiple cities (or all cities) and giving Change or Buy
> commands to the selected group.

I'd like to keep both options... since my "change from" list
only includes things that your cities are actually building,
it's very useful to see if anybody started building something
worthless, like city walls, and then set them back on the right
track.  Hunting through a list of >20 cities for somebody building
the wrong thing is much more tedious.

If people object to having another button in the city dialog,
this could also be moved to a menu; that's where I was planning
to put build lists (along with a check box in the city dialog to
control whether that city is following the national agenda).  I
probably won't get to that for at least a week, though.

JMC
--
John-Marc Chandonia (jmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)              We're everywhere...
Cohen Lab, University of California San Francisco       for your convenience.