[Freeciv-Dev] New Gtk+ Server Patch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] New Gtk+ Server Patch
From: jpranevich@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 20:08:07 -0400

Hello,

I have (or am about to) upload to the ftp site a new patch that is against the
latest CVS. The infrastructure is 90% complete now, I think. This is how I'll
probably be handling things for the real release. All console writes, including
freelog(), are being redirected at the GUI. (Currently writing to the status
bar, but if I adjust the flag to the message() call, it'll appear in a dialog or
maybe elsewhere.) Most of the remaining work will be in making the GUI robust
enough to include all the features of the text client; this includes adding menu
items, creating an options dialog, etc. None of these changes will, I hope,
impact the common codebase of the server much. (it will be nearly entirely in
server/server-gtk)

Please, please take a look at this. The text server should be mostly running
now. If you mess up the command line options, it will die trying to print out
usage information. Since I'm not soing much testing there now, there are
probably very stupid ommisions (like not adding con_flush() to the gui_tasks
struct in the text server, for example). Those will be fixed soon, I hope. Bug
reports are welcome.

More importantly, please let me know what needs to be done before I can merge
these changes in. Let me know if the files are named properly, let me know if
you'd like the directories broken down differently. It's much easier to make
these kinds of changes now rather than later.

Thanks,

Joe
(See attached file: freeciv-gtk_server-a3.diff)