Re: [Freeciv-Dev] patches

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] patches
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 00:10:59 +0200

> Well, personally I think the Bug Tracking System should be used
> for this.

[...]

> It mostly just requires people to submit patches (or eg URLs, for
> large stuff) to the bug system by default instead of freeciv-dev.

So now I'm trying to figure out how.  All I see is an form for guests
to submit bug reports.  How do I submit a patch?

> And I guess for us to publicise this as expected/required behaviour.

Yes, http://www.freeciv.org/contribute.html is a good guide to making
patches, and to some of the code, but it doesn't explain the policies
of contributing.

> Hmm, would it help (publicity-wise etc) if we had a _second_
> Jitterbug instance, eg called the Freeciv Patch Tracking System,
> with email submissions to <patches@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, a different
> identifier then PR#, etc?  That would be easy to setup.

This answers my first question, I suppose.
It seems the logical thing to do.

> The main disadvantge would be that we couldn't move messages
> between the two systems easily, but maybe thats not likely
> to be wanted much anyway.

Um, it may be possible to share messages between the systems,
depending on how the bookkeeping is done.

--
Reinier Post