Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Internationalization

To: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, dperezs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Denis Bodor <linuxredac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Internationalization
From: Nicolas Brunel <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 16:06:54 +0000 (GMT)

Hello David Perez Serrada,

  I understand one wants to be perfectionnist. But, I don't think that's
the good approach for I18n. Here is attached Denis Bodor translation of
the gtk client. If I really want to test it, I have to update the auto
stuffs create a po dir and a intl dir. I'm sure you have already done
this. Denis is enthousiatic about I18n. There is a major
risk of redoing what has already been done. Another
problem is that several people have send translation of helpdata.txt. They
are interested by translating FreeCiv. By not sending your patch, you
waste an opportunity to use the energy and good will of others. The cvs
version is a developpement version. Even if what you have done isn't yet
perfect, we will be gratefull to you to have done the first push through.
You will see also other people going on your work you will have another
raison to be happy.

  The most important is that people have shown interest to I18n. They do
want to participate.

Bye

Nicolas