Re: [Freeciv-Dev] PATCH: AI governments + PATCH hell level

To: schaefer@xxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] PATCH: AI governments + PATCH hell level
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 23:48:24 +1000 (EST)

Peter Schaefer wrote:

> If I may offer a definition,
>
> Normal mode should have the AI play at best as it can without cheating;

> Hard mode should give the AI advantages, especially in those fields
> were it can't compete with a human player, like gathering intelligence

Yes, I like these definitions.  This does also match the current
implementation, to the extent possible with the currently implemented
handicap flags.

> As testing different AIs can be fun, maybe there should be a way to do this;
> Maybe a custom AI that reads some flags from the ruler name
> ( like Alex_0x32a1 custom ).

Yes, I'd like more flexibility to customize/test AI's, but I
don't think encoding the names is the best way to do so.
Especially if one wants to change things part way through a
game.

Regards,
-- David