Re: [Freeciv-Dev] put trident tiles in dist?

To: Martin Willemoes Hansen <mwh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] put trident tiles in dist?
From: Nicolas Brunel <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 13:43:48 +0000 (GMT)

> Well then I think we should stick to the originally plan, like waiting
> with changing tilesets until 1.8.2 .. then only have one tileset in the
> distro and the rest downloadable from the website/ftp .. Then in between
> we can have a poll about which tileset etc ..

IMHO...

What is really cool in free sotfware project is that we can change plan
whenever we want. The roadmap depends on people contribution. If there are
new ones, they have to be taken into account. A new superb tilesets has
been drawn. It has to be in the distribution for people to enjoy. The main
point of having 2 tilesets was to have a classic tiles set easy to use
for FreeCiv addicts and a new good looking one. As the trident is very
sober, it can becomes the new 'classic' tilesets. Also, 1.8.2 will be
released in october/november, it's too bad for people to have to wait soo
long for such a good looking tileset. People who get used downloading
tilesets on www.freeciv.org aren't concerned by what I'm saying. They
already have the trident tileset. I'd rather think of people who don't
have access to the net or don't think to go to www.freeciv.org to check is
available.

...IMHO