Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Networking/MFC

Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Networking/MFC
From: Peter Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 10:31:36 +0200

Excuse me a lot for kick-starting an off-topic troll,
but after looking at it, I just feel I have to tell
you I think the so called "Apple Public Source License"
is really outrageous and pretentious.

Richard Stallman's lines don't even catch half
of the detail quirks of their license( cf.
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/apsl.html
).

If you'd stick to their words, you wouldn't be able to
even mount a legal dispute at their license, since the license text itself
is distributed under their license, and the web page seems to ask you
to accept their license in general, not in relation to a document.

Their lawyer probably went home thinking "Gosh, I'm REALLY mean".

thx for listening
--
Peter Schaefer - schaefer@xxxxxx, schaefer@xxxxxx
"FermaT, by Software Migrations Ltd, is an industrial strength program