Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Networking/MFC

To: Andy Black <ablack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Networking/MFC
From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 12:00:50 -0500

On Sun, Jun 20, 1999 at 06:02:34PM -0600, Andy Black wrote:
> This is probably a dumb question, but I'll ask it anyways.  Does anyone
> know if the networking comands used in freeciv use the XTI interface (from
> X/Open)?  I am wondering because it effects what I do with the server code
> at this point.  If freeciv uses the XTI interface (or TLI interface), it
> should be relativly easy to get networking working on the Mac port. If
> freeciv does not use one of those interfaces, I'll need to rewite the
> network code.

        You shouldn't need to rewrite much.  Matthias Neeracher of MacPerl
fame has also produced a Macintosh/Unix compatibility library for
networking.
http://www.iis.ee.ethz.ch/~neeri/macintosh/gusi-qa.html

        There is  also Apple's OpenPlay Mac/Windows sourcebase, but that
doesn't seem to be terribly relevant right now.
http://www.publicsource.apple.com/projects/

--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"When I was young, the sky was filled with stars.