Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Networking/MFC

Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Networking/MFC
From: Chris Lawrence <quango@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 22:33:19 -0500

On Jun 20, Andy Black wrote:
> This is probably a dumb question, but I'll ask it anyways.  Does anyone
> know if the networking comands used in freeciv use the XTI interface (from
> X/Open)?  I am wondering because it effects what I do with the server code
> at this point.  If freeciv uses the XTI interface (or TLI interface), it
> should be relativly easy to get networking working on the Mac port. If
> freeciv does not use one of those interfaces, I'll need to rewite the
> network code.

No, Freeciv uses Berkeley sockets.  Any self-respecting networking
implementation should emulate Berkeley sockets... even SysV (which is
where the [imho misguided] TLI originated) includes sockets support.

Chris
|         Chris Lawrence          |           Visit my home page!           |
|    <quango@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     |     http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/     |
|     Amiga A4000 604e/233Mhz     |      Visit the Amiga Web Directory      |
|      with Linux/APUS 2.2.8      |     http://www.cucug.org/amiga.html     |