Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Desert comment (PR#28)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Desert comment (PR#28)
From: dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 04:34:31 -0700 (PDT)

Rick Desper wrote:

> Not really a bug, but rather a comment about your bug page.
> The idea of deserts in polar regions was criticized.  However, a desert
> is merely a geographical area where it doesn't rain.  This can happen in
> non-tropical regions.  As an example, the Gobi Desert in Mongolia.
>
> The Gobi is quite cold.

Yeah I tend to agree, or at least it is a matter of
opinion/preference.

(Although OTOH one could argue that a polar desert should still
be classified as "Tundra" rather than "Desert".  I don't really
care either way myself :-)

Martin, can I suggest you remove this entry from the
"known bugs" page.  That is, the entry:

% 6. I must admit that i didn't like deserts next to tundra ...<etc>

Regards,
-- David