Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] tech tree & improvement structure overhaul

Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] tech tree & improvement structure overhaul
From: Per Mathisen <permath@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 16:05:16 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Andy Black wrote:
> improvement format
> 2, name, type flag, movie flag, (if wonder, extent), expression n,
> 2,League Of Nations, 0, if exists(League Of Nations) then
> {mediator=owner(Leauge Of Nations)}, (tchexst(14 points), exists(United
> Nations),-1

The big problem lies in remembering all these factors inside the program
while the game is running in an effecient manner. I am working a scheme
that I believe is very flexible and while at the same time quite fast. You
can find the details on http://ulven.ifi.ntnu.no/freeciv/. I have not come
far - the latest patch on the web page just reads some information out of
the extended ruleset file and dumps a lot of debugging info - but it
should give you an idea about the concept. Criticism/tips/etc welcome.

Yours,
Per