[Freeciv-Dev] Damned libraries...

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Damned libraries...
From: a_beraud@xxxxxxxx (Alexandre BERAUD)
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 18:25:13 +0200 (MET DST)

Thanx to all those who gave me solutions and particularly
Vasco who lit a small candle of hope in the recursive
problems linked to the libraries (damned libraries, did
I mention it ?).
Maybe you will understand better if I tell you my distrib.
is a Slackware one and had not been fully installed.
3/4 of the libraries on my HD have been installed by me with
average success. However, David's questions are curious:
I seem to have a traditionnal 'make' program and most of the
Gtk+ programs compile without much problems on my computer.
Moreover, you can't deny that gclient needs lots of .h files
from Freeciv (packets.h, main.h, etc...) but this is not the
biggest problem.
I think erveything comes from the successive installations
of Gtk and Imlib.
Moreover, I have NO program called 'ldconfig' !!!
The is a 'ltconfig' file in most of the gtk-related libraries
but no ldconfig.
I think I'll make a full diagnostic of the disease via Vasco's
advices and see what can be done.

Alex

P.S.: Long live DirectX :o(