Re: [Freeciv-Dev] small

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] small
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 10:13:49 +1000 (EST)

Martin Willemoes Hansen wrote:

> What do you guys think about seperating the GFX from the code
> distribution? Like people download the graphic set they like.

The code already supports having separate graphics add-ons
which users can create and/or download for alternate/improved
graphics.  Currently, we also include two default sets in the
core freeciv distribution.

Are you suggesting we _shouldn't_ include any graphics in the
distribution?  That would allow somewhat more flexibility in
letting people choose exactly which parts they want to download,
but would have the disadvantage of making it more complicated
for a user to setup a basic working freeciv installation.

-- David