[Freeciv-Dev] Nukes

To: "'freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Nukes
From: "Divis, Vaclav" <DivisV@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 09:49:11 +0200

Hi Freecivers,
this is my very first e-mail to this mailing list and so first of all I
would like to say:
"Thank you very much for this great piece of work!". Freeciv is surely good
reason for having Linux.

David Pfitzner wrote several days ago:
> Actually, there should probably be a command to set off a nuke
> on an unoccupied square.  So you could give someone a "warning" :-)
> Not very eco-friendly through...
There is also another reason for it. Because damaged area is bigger than one
tile it makes sense to use nuclear in the neighbourhood of enemy units and
cities. It's useful especially in situations like this:
EUE
UUU
UUE
where E is an enemy unit or a city and U unoccupied tile. I think it is
realistic and not a cheat (although I believe nobody will ever prove it).
For those who are interested I attached a small patch that enables this (and
unfortunately I am sure it can be done much better).

Vasek
 <<nuke.diff>>