Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Nukes

To: Jason Griffiths <neptune@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Nukes
From: Kris Bubendorfer <Kris.Bubendorfer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 11:16:56 +1200

Hi Jason,

> I'm not 100% sure that I wasn't doing something wrong - it was my first
> game...
>
> I built a nuke, and tried to attack a city, and got the message:
>
> Only land units can occupy a city.
>
> Now, as I wasn't trying to occupy it, but blow it out of existance, I
> was really confused!
>
> Is this a bug, or a feature????

It is quite likely that the city was undefended - in which case you cannot
`blow it up'.  Interesting method of defense that I use if assulted by ship
(with no nearby enemy troops) is to move the defending unit out of the city.
The ship cannot attack the city, or occupy it - and it cam't destroy the unit
either.  One caveat, make sure there isn't a transport lurking nearby!

So yes, it is a feature.  You can tell if a city is defended by looking at the
mini map.  If you want to occupy an undefended city - I find helicopters
excellent.

--

Cheers Kris...