Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re : Galleon...

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re : Galleon...
From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 12:46:39 -0500

On Sat, Apr 03, 1999 at 10:25:32AM -0500, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> The manual continues:
>     In a Republic, the first unit in the field does not cause discontent.
>   Each subsequent army in the field creates one unhappy citizen.  If
>   your civilization is a Democracy, each unit in the field causes two
>   unhappy citizens.  Units with an attack strength of zero (that is, an
>   ADM rating that starts with zero, like Transports and Engineers) do
>   not cause unhappiness in this manner.

        Good enough so far.
        Yet Explorers cause unhappiness.  I think I've figured out why.  On
the upgrade chart, they upgrade to Partisans, which are an attack-capable
unit.

> By these rules, Caravels, which have an attack strength of 2, should
> cause unhappiness when not in a friendly city (can ships ever be in
> a fortress?).

        No.  Fortresses can be built only on land squares.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"When I was young, the sky was filled with stars.